iWay offers an FTP server that is designed to extend
the processing capabilities of iWay Service Manager (iSM). Although
this service can be configured to operate as a standard FTP server,
the purpose of this service is transaction receipt and mailboxing.
The FTP Server listener listens on the port that is specified in
the FTP server settings. The listener begins processing messages
when a file is sent through FTP to iWay Service Manager. Therefore,
it differs from general FTP servers in several ways:
- User login security is managed through the iSM security
facilities. Full function evaluation of all parameters enables the
storage of attributes, such as passwords, in a security directory,
such as LDAP.
- User attributes can be stored in the Partner Management system
of iWay Trading Manager, if installed.
- File actions for Get and Put can be treated as messages. In
this case, they are immediately processed through the appropriate
- Messages received for execution can optionally be safe-stored
with their context to prevent loss in the event of failure. Safe-stored
messages are reloaded when the listener is started, and executed
at that time. Only when all safe-stored messages have been processed
does the listener open to receive new messages.
- Input-streaming is supported when the input is to be treated
as a message. In input-stream mode, a large document can be broken
into parts as it is received. Each part is extracted, based upon
the message type configured using a standard streaming preparser,
and processed as a separate message.
- Tracing and diagnostics are available using the server tracing
- Messages can be stored in the iWay Audit Manager logs for later analysis.